Papercraft Research:

Art Installations in Dubai by Zim & Zou:

Lucie Thomas and Thibault Zimmermann are two french artists with graphic design roots who decided to move away from the digital realm towards more traditional craftsmanship and within that papercraft.
I really enjoy this duo's artworks because they have such clean cut pieces of paper with a more minimalist graphic design style. The colour choices throughout their work really pop in the pieces while maintaining balance making them visually appealing. The bright colours and clean edges bring order and excitement to their art while the physical craftsmanship dropped into a well lit setting cause the artwork to come alive with shadows casting different shades of colours and creating depth. In conclusion, with such rigid edges it is quite delightful how much life their pieces carry with them having an aura of joy, excitement and harmony.
The reason I chose to talk about Zim & Zou's installation in Dubai is because I love how they have created little worlds of their own that look like there's a story and culture behind each one with its own creatures that live within it. It reminds me of when I used to go to the war museum with my brothers when I was younger and they would have a complete event in history represented on a table modeling the event telling a kind of a visual story where the longer you looked at it the more you noticed little details adding more to the overall story. Everything has a design reason for being there, even if it is just for aesthetics.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hybrid Object Design (Comprehensive)

Paper Craft Objects: Digital Samples

Objectified Documentary Assignment