Mesh Mashup: Selection and Refinement
Retro Laser T-Rex:
After discussing with my classmates last week I decided to go forward with refining the Laser T-Rex model for the Mesh Mashup because it's a ridiculous and unique 3D model that I enjoyed meshing together. The newer model of the Laser T-Rex now has more accurate colour and lighting where I also decided to add some cybernetic looking hydraulics for his legs, a chrome protective rib cage and more detail to the horn on his head.
In our group discussions last week everyone decided that the two best mashups were the "Elephant Fortress" and "Laser T-Rex". I liked the way the elephant model looked with the simpler concept of an elephant carrying a ziggurat on it's back and originally decided to work on that however after a while I of adding ladders to make it more functional I didn't like were it was headed and felt that everything would be much to small to make any kind of visual impact. Then I swapped over to working on the T-Rex where the possibilities were quite expansive adding lasers, guns, armour, robotic limbs and more.
My post relates to remix culture because I've tried to appropriate some existing objects by mashing something from the past and possibly something for the future to from an new object and idea. However I was inspired by the T-Rex from the popular short film "Kung Fury". The 3D model is a remix because it really is just one large juxtaposition where the tyrannosaurus rex is long extinct and the cybernetic implants that he is covered in are very futuristic, he has tiny arms holding massive guns, and they're ferocious creatures where as this is taken more comically.






Bibliography:
T-Rex Bones: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:275091
T-Rex Body: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:16331
After discussing with my classmates last week I decided to go forward with refining the Laser T-Rex model for the Mesh Mashup because it's a ridiculous and unique 3D model that I enjoyed meshing together. The newer model of the Laser T-Rex now has more accurate colour and lighting where I also decided to add some cybernetic looking hydraulics for his legs, a chrome protective rib cage and more detail to the horn on his head.
In our group discussions last week everyone decided that the two best mashups were the "Elephant Fortress" and "Laser T-Rex". I liked the way the elephant model looked with the simpler concept of an elephant carrying a ziggurat on it's back and originally decided to work on that however after a while I of adding ladders to make it more functional I didn't like were it was headed and felt that everything would be much to small to make any kind of visual impact. Then I swapped over to working on the T-Rex where the possibilities were quite expansive adding lasers, guns, armour, robotic limbs and more.
My post relates to remix culture because I've tried to appropriate some existing objects by mashing something from the past and possibly something for the future to from an new object and idea. However I was inspired by the T-Rex from the popular short film "Kung Fury". The 3D model is a remix because it really is just one large juxtaposition where the tyrannosaurus rex is long extinct and the cybernetic implants that he is covered in are very futuristic, he has tiny arms holding massive guns, and they're ferocious creatures where as this is taken more comically.
Bibliography:
T-Rex Bones: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:275091
T-Rex Body: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:16331
Comments
Post a Comment